Wednesday 4 August 2010

post-recovery and mosque fun

So today has been an eventful day... First of all I survived a day of vomiting, illness and lack of AC: that means 1-0 to Maria over the bacteria TAKE THAT!

Secondly after two hours at work we had a cultural sightseeing; seeing the third biggest mosque in the world namely the Great mosque of Abu Dhabi. It has the biggest chandelier and the biggest wall-to-wall carpet in the world, and it was absolutely stunning! (photos will be added as soon as I get them) It was huge and white and beautiful, if you're ever in Abu Dhabi you have to see it!

After that I had shit loads of stuff to catch up on since I had been sick for one day, but I think I'm back on track now.   

And after getting home I realized my AC was functioning again, YuHooo no more sleeping in 28 degrees Celsius :0D

Now I've just returned from a lovely farewell dinner (for a colleague) at the Hilton (Abu Dhabis oldest hotel). It was a really nice restaurant with really good food and wine and excellent company :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment