Saturday 16 October 2010

October = tons of fun

So whats new.... A LOT!

Since the last time I wrote on this blog, Rémy(i.e. the Frenchman/boyfriend/fiancé/husband-depending on the situation...) have join me here in the UAE, there have been BBQ, nights out, headache and heat... I will try to give a short summary of October so far:

It's finally cooled down! I can now walk outside- "on small step for mankind many small invigorating steps for the Norwegian". Maria is now exploring Abu Dhabi by foot, and loving it!

I'm now a part of a team again with all the positive and negative sides to that equation. Love waking up next to somebody, don't like the socks everywhere...

I've participated in a BBQ that had a more Arabic feeling to it, even though there where no Arabs there :0( but it was in a neighborhood that reminded me of Cairo, with noise and curious neighbors, lovely!

This week we went to the Shangrila at the mainland. We(Rémy, 50% of the Swiss embassy + 1 German and me) were invited to a private concert with Switzerland's biggest DJ: DJ Antoine (Nobody knew who he was, but we figured what the hell). It was located in the best sushi restaurant in Abu Dhabi "So Cho"(or something...), we had a table outside and the food and cocktails were great! The venue was waaaay to small for the music (house) but it was a lot of fun even tho', we laughed our asses off looking at people dancing -and then we joined in with our own funky moves -especially yours truly. The great part of the evening was that in the end it was all for free, a local who own the restaurant paid for everything! -Thank you very much Sir!

Yesterday I had my first brunch here, and that was really something. We went to the Intercontinental at 12.30-13.00 and stayed till 16.00. There was TONS of food, and with tons I mean TONS. There where at least 11 tables of food, for 8 tables of guest. They even had a chocolate-fondue fountain hehehe and did I mention: ALL the alcohol you can possibly want to consume = NIIICE. In the end it was a bit pricey; 205 Dhs pr person, but it was worth it!

I'm truly enjoying Abu Dhabi and today we're off to Dubai :0D

No comments:

Post a Comment